Internship Portfolio


For the last deliverable of my GIS Internship, I created an official digital Professional GIS Portfolio. I have basic experience developing a website using Word Press and know it can become complicated quickly, so I opted to use Wix because it is a free design host site and the interface is easier to use. For my portfolio, I used many maps created for courses for the Graduate GIS Certificate. I am grateful for the course requirements that required blog posts because this made finding student work examples much easier. It was much more difficult to find examples from my current work position as they are organized into many project folders. 

As I was reviewing my work over the past year, I was delighted to see how my final products have improved over time. In addition, it was enlightening to review past course assignments and other work projects, many of which I forgot I completed. Overall, I'm happy with my portfolio and intend to continue to add to it while completing the Masters in GIS Administration program and as I advance in my career.

In addition to the digital portfolio, graduate students were required to record responses to one or more sample interview questions. For practice, I elected to answer all of the interview questions:

  1. Describe a time when you were faced with a challenging situation and how you handled it.
  2. Do any of your portfolio examples use open data? How did you use it? Did you have any challenges with it?
  3. Do you have any examples of maps made or projects completed with open source software? Explain any positive or negative reactions you had to using this new/different software.
  4. Please explain the model you included in your portfolio in more detail.
  5. What is your favorite map example in your portfolio and why?

GIS Portfolio: https://angeliquehennon.wixsite.com/website
Interview Questions Audio: Portfolio Q&A Audio 
Interview Questions Transcript: Portfolio Q&A Transcript


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module 6: Proportional Symbol and Bivariate Choropleth Mapping

Module 2: Coordinate Systems

Module 4: Color Concepts & Choropleth Mapping