Week 1 - Overview of ArcGIS Lab Assignment

The purpose of the the first lab in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) was to explore some of the features and functions of ArcGIS Pro by working with and exploring an example data set and creating a map of world countries by populations with major cities. In addition, the lab introduced terms associated with GIS, applying them in the creation of the map. The lab included step-by-step instructions for creating the map, allowing students to make design choices for the essential map elements and layout. The image above is the resultant map I produced for the lab. I found the lab easy to follow and although this is not the first map I've created in ArcGIS Pro, it is the first map I've produced by myself in some time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module 6: Proportional Symbol and Bivariate Choropleth Mapping

Module 2: Coordinate Systems

Module 4: Color Concepts & Choropleth Mapping